Baader Flip Mirror II - coming soon!
We thought we would just tell you about an exciting new product coming from Baader Planetarium this Summer - their Flip Mirror II (BFM II) as a little more about it, and some new product photos, have been released. We will look at this unit in more detail in another future blog, but for the moment we'll present some of its useful features.
- Unlike competing flip mirrors, Baader-FlipMirror II has three ports:
- Straight-through (M48/T-2 on both sides) port for full-frame camera, spectrograph, or other instruments.
- A top-mounted T-2-thread for eyepiece holder, video-module (up to 32mm diameter fov) - or even a binocular-viewer!
- A bottom-port that can accept the optional Baader Off-Axis-Guider prism-assembly (part of the Baader RCC-OAG #2956950) or an optional ThAr-lamp for calibration of spectra.
- Has a short backfocus and utilises the wealth of adaptors of the Baader Astro T-2 system, M48 system and UFC system.
- Precision first surface mirror w. Enhanced-Al coating.
- Backside of the flip-mirror is also Al-coated and masked, and can be used to e.g. direct the light of an optional spectral calibration-lamp onto a spectrograph-slit (see image below of bottom port and rear-side of the flip mirror).
- The flip mirror has been designed to enable precise adjustment of all optical pathways.
- The front and rear M48 rotation-adjustment rings made from hardened stainless steel, matched to the BFM main body for zero play and for rotating and locking the BFM main-body in the optimum rotational alignment with any conceivable accessory equipment
- It will readily accept Baader's Universal Filter Changer system of parts (UFC system)
- Can be adapted to accept an optional motorised timing belt for use with e.g. the new Baader Steeldrive II - for remote imaging, guiding and spectroscopy