Celestron Dew Shield for C6/C8 and C11 Optical Tube Assemblies
- Protect corrector plate from moisture and block excess light
- Velcro strip for secure attachment
- Available for C6/C8 and C11 OTA's
A lens shade, or dew shield, is a tube of approximately the same diameter as your telescope tube, designed to fit on the front end of the telescope to reduce the amount of dew that builds up on the corrector plate. It also helps prevent stray light from falling on the corrector plate, which greatly improves contrast for better viewing and astroimaging.
Celestron offer two dew shields:
- C6/C8: This dew shield is versatile as it can accommodate both 6” and 8” Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tubes. Choose the outer Velcro strip for larger tubes and the inner strip for smaller tubes to customise your fit. Also compatible with the 8” EdgeHD optical tube.
- C11: The C11 version fits only the 11" model.