Celestron Cometron FirstScope with Accessory Kit
- Lightweight and portable, a great grab-and-go telescope
- Fast focal ratio offers a wide field of view, perfect for observing comets, star clusters, galaxies, and more
- Simple design makes it easy for beginners to use
- No-tool setup means you are up and observing in no time
Celestron’s special-edition Cometron FirstScope is a compact, lightweight telescope that’s perfect for beginners looking to experience the magic of a dazzling comet, planet, or nebula. This tabletop Dobsonian-style telescope includes a spherical mirror with a generous 76mm of aperture and provides bright, sharp views of comets and other celestial objects, and renders the Moon’s mountains and craters in crisp detail. And thanks to its wide field of view, you’ll be able to observe the brightest part of the comet and its tail or favourite deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula or Pleiades star cluster.
As part of this special offer, the Cometron FirstScope also comes with the Celestron Accessory Kit included. The kit includes:
- 5x25 finderscope - to help you located smaller and fainter objects. This 5x24 finderscope and bracket is made to attach to the telescope without tools. It magnifies the view by 5X and has optics 24 mm in diameter. Once you have attached the finderscope to your telescope tube and have done some simple alignments, you will be able to point with the finder instead of the telescope itself.
- Two additional eyepieces - A 12.5 mm model, and will magnify objects 24X more than your eyes alone can see. The second eyepiece is a 6 mm, and will boost the power to 50X.
- Moon Filter - The filter lowers the amount of light reaching your eye, and allows it to relax and see details that would not be visible in an unfiltered view of the Moon due to glare. (Note: Do not use the Moon filter for solar observation.)
- Software - Starry Night Basic Edition so you can learn the constellations, print out star charts for an upcoming observing session, and learn how to identify planets and stars, and more!
- Storage and carry bag - When your FirstScope telescope and accessories are not in use, store them in this nylon tote bag!
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:|
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|Focal Length||300mm (12")|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2||Kellner 10mm (0")|
|Highest Useful Magnification||180x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||11x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||11.9|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||1.83 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||1.53 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||118x|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||28mm (1.1")|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||37%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||14%|
|Optical Coatings||Aluminum with SiO2|
|Optical Tube Length||254mm (10")|
|Total Telescope Kit Weight||4.3 lbs (1.95 kg)|
|Software||Starry Night Basic Edition|