10Micron AZ5000 DDS Alt-Azimuth Robotic Fork Mount
- 10Micron AZ5000 DDS Alt-Az mount for telescopes 24"-26" aperture
- 250kg telescope payload
- High resolution encoders and HPS system
- Up to 30 degrees per second high speed slewing for astronomy and satellite tracking
- Software integrated focuser/derotator
- Nasmyth focus option
With their long experience in robotic astronomical mounts, 10Micron have been working and developing a new telescope mount project: their new AZ professional-grade alt-azimuth fork mount with DDS (Direct Drive System) with software integrated derotator/focuser. These mounts will be used for professional and research applications such as astronomy and satellite tracking.
The 10Micron AZ DDS mounts will include all the latest current technologies in mechanical, electrical, electronics, software and design fields. Any single feature of the AZ mount and its components have been accurately studied in order to reach the highest level of efficiency that has always characterised any other of the 10Micron products. Furthermore, we have also integrated some special features in order to ensure the safety of both the instrument payload and the operator.
The main AZ DDS features:
- Exclusive 10Micron software, based on their HPS system, developed after several years of specific application in the field
- Direct drive high torque motors specially designed for astronomy applications
- On-axis very high resolution absolute encoders
- High quality large diameter ball bearings
- Very stiff and compact fork to minimize vibrations
- Integrated electronics and on-board computer with internal sky modelling capability
- Minimum base height for use with small domes and improve stability
- Nasmyth focus (option): 100 mm diameter Nasmyth port
- High precision, zero shift and high payload capable De-rotator/focuser
- Very fast slewing/pointing speed up to 30°/sec. – suitable for satellite tracking
- very accurate tracking for long exposure unguided imaging
- Mechanical safety stops in both axis
- Internal cable channels for custom accessories
The AZ5000 DDS is designed to accommodate telescopes of 24″ -26″ in diameter. However a complete telescope-and-mount observatory configuration is also possible.
The mount is normally available alone for Cassegrain focus type telescopes (standard version) and we can supply the correct flanges to accommodate the customer’s optics. A Nasmyth focus configuration is available as option.
Specifications are subject to change.
|Mount type||Alt-azimuth direct drive mount with on-axis high resolution absolute encoders|
|Weight||300 kg (mount without telescope and accessories)|
|Telescope payload capacity||up to 250 kg, 650 mm (26”) diameter|
|Axes bearing||High quality large diameter, special ball bearings|
|Motors||Professional grade direct drive motors; no worm gears or transmission systems, zero backlash|
|Encoders||High Resolutions Renishaw absolute encoders|
|Power supply||48 V|
|Power consumption||15 A peak|
|Goto speed||Goto speed ≥30°/s|
|Pointing accuracy||<5" rms with internal 25 stars software mapping, max 100 stars; possibility to use external software for automated alignment operation|
|Average tracking accuracy||1" typical for 15 minutes|
|Nasmyth holes diameters||Primary Nasmyth focus: 100 mm diameter; secondary Nasmyth focus 68mm diameter (special request)|
|Nasmyth focus payload capacity||30 kg|
|Safety features||Mechanical stops in both axis
On board and remotable Emergency stop button with safety relay
Aural warning system
Unbalance/collision protection system
|Security stops||Mechanical stops
Az: 600° (~2 turns)
|Security brakes||Electromechanical brake for unbalance security in altitude|
|Dimensions (only mount with standard fork)||1350x550x1350 mm|
|Focuser/DeRotator standard||GO1 by 10Micron (optional)|
|Interface||10Micron specific, software integrated control|
|Focuser/DeRotator standard Payload capacity||25 Kg|
|Temperature compensation||Internal temperature probe|
|Communication ports||RS–232 port; GPS port; autoguide ST-4 protocol port; Ethernet port|
|Integrated database||Stars: by name, Bayer designation, Flamsteed designation, Bright Star Catalogue, SAO, HIP, HD, PPM, ADS, GCVS. Deep-sky: M, NGC, IC, PGC ,UGC limited up to mV = 16. Solar system: Sun, Moon, planets, asteroids, comets, artificial satellites. Equatorial and altazimuth coordinates. User defined objects, fast slewing positions.|
|Integrated control electronics features||User defined mount parking position.
Mount modeling with up to 100 stars / points.
Storage of multiple pointing models.
Configurable tracking speed.
Adjustable movement limits.
Assisted balance adjustment.
Integrated leap second support.
Direct dome control via RS-232.
Configurable atmospheric refraction compensation.
|Keypad control||Rugged keypad with metal housing, backlit micro switches, dimmable graphic display.
All the functionality of the mount is available through the keypad without requiring an external PC.
|PC control||Remote control via RS 232, Ethernet network.
Update of firmware and orbital elements for satellite tracking and minor planet objects.
Virtual keypad control panel replicating the functionality of the physical keypad.
Mount manager software including advanced user interface.
Usage of any client software supporting the ASCOM standard through proprietary ASCOM driver, or through the LX200 compatible protocol