Baader Heavy Duty Modal Steel Pier for Large Mounts
- Cone-shaped octagonal steel pillar design
- Welded steel that actively dampens vibrations
- Internal tubing for cable routing through the pillar
- Available in different height sizes
- Weight (approx. 200 kg)
- Payload capacity 600kg
This Baader heavy pier is suitable for large and heavy mounts, such as the 10Micron GM3000/GM4000 and Paramount MEII, and where the maximum payload capacity (i.e. mount plus telescope and accessories) does not exceed a staggering 600kg. The mount is made of steel, welded together to make a conical-octagonal structure, and in such a way that its construction dampens vibrations. The pier features an inner tube for internal cabling (from pier base to near the top of the pier - see below) and a central hole for filling with quartz sand for further vibration dampening. An accessory shelf is also supplied for e.g. eyepieces or mount handset.
Baader pier showing the route of the internal cabling and the accessory shelf
The pier weighs approximately 200kg but the final weight depends on the length chosen. Options for the pier heights are 60/80/100/115/125/135/145/155/165 cm.
Please note: To attach a mount to the pier will require the use of an appropriate levelling flange.
- Weight 200kg
- Payload capacity up to 600 kg
- welded Steel, actively dampening vibrations.
- Bottom plate 500x500 nm
- Top plate diam. 240 mm and 1" thick
- with 3 threaded Bolts M14 and center hole to fill the entire pillar with Quartz-sand at the erection site
- Internal tube of 3" inner width for cabeling through the pillar
- Accessory tray 360x270 mm, durable 2K paint RAL 1013
Standard heights measure: 60/80/100/115/125/135/145/155/165 cm