Paramount MYT Robotic Telescope Mount
- Paramount MYT portable mount-headweighing only 15kg (34lb)
- Telescope and accessory total payload 23kg (50lb)
- Maximum of seven (7) arcseconds peak-to-peak periodic error before correction.
- Belt-driven gears with spring loaded worm gears produce virtually zero backlash
- 30 arcsecond all-sky pointing accuracy using TPoint Add On for Mac and Windows
- AutoHome homing capability ensures that the mount always knows its orientation.
- Through the mount cable routing to minimise cable tangle
- All-internal electronics and wiring
The Paramount MYT robotic German equatorial mount is a very high quality and accurate telescope mount from Software Bisque and is the smallest and lightest in their lineup. It was designed from the ground up and features the same high build quality as its Paramount MX+ and MEII brothers, but in a more portable package.
Some of the main features of the MYT include:
- Instrument capacity (not including the counterweights): 50 lb (23 kg). Maximum payload capacity (instruments plus counterweights): 100 lb (46 kg).
- Weight of the mount (including the Versa-Plate): 34 lb (15.4 kg)
- Every Paramount MYT component is custom machined from 6061 aluminum at Software Bisque's production facility.
- Large 4.33-inch contact ball bearings in both right ascension and declination.
- Brass worms and aluminum gears that have a maximum of seven (7) arcsecond peak-to-peak periodic error before periodic error correction.
- Both the right ascension and declination axes have a simple two position mechanical "switch" to engage the worm during normal operation, disengage the worm from the gear when balancing the payload. A separate knob locks and unlocks each axis for transport.
- Track for up to 2 hours past the meridian.
- All internal harnesses (cables) and motors are encapsulated inside the body of the mount.
- Through the mount access holes allow you to add your own internal cables.
- Calibrated altitude and azimuth polar alignment knobs are calibrated for easy polar alignment.
- A Paramount-style Versa-Plate for attaching optical tube assemblies is included.
- Power supply included.
|MOUNT||German Equatorial mount (motorized)|
|PALYOAD CAPACITY (KG)||15 - 25 kg|
|CONTROL SYSTEM ELECTRONICS||MKS 5000 dual-axis motion control system|
|SOFTWARE||TheSky Professional Edition, Camera Add On, the TPoint Add On for Mac, Windows, Linux, Raspbian OS.|
|CONSTRUCTION||CNC machined aluminum solid material, stainless steel|
|MOTOR||Brushless DC servo motors|
|POWER REQUIREMENTS||48V / 1,66A|
|MOUNT WEIGHT||34 lb (15 kg)|
|WEIGHT OF COUNTERWEIGHTS||Two 30 lb. (14 kg), can balance about 60-70 lb. (27-32 kg) of payload|
|COUNTERWEIGHT SHAFT||The 18.5 in. (47 cm) x 1.875 in., up to six counterweights|
|PAYLOAD CAPACITY (KG)||50 lb. (23 kg) total instrument capacity (not including counterweights). The totalcarrying capacity is 100 lb. (46 kg)|
|BEARINGS||4.3 in. (11 cm) contact ball bearings in both right ascension and declination|
|GEAR||Research-grade 6.5 in. (16.5 cm) 320 tooth brass right ascension gears|
|SLEW SPEEDS||5.4 degrees per second in RA and Dec|
|TRACKING PAST MERIDIAN||2 hours|
|AZIMUTH ADJUSTMENT||Calibrated Vernier-scales|
|ALTITUDE ADJUSTMENT||Calibrated Vernier-scales|
|ALL-SKY POINTING ACCURACY||30 arcseconds (with TPoint Software)|
|TRACKING PERFORMANCE AND PERIODIC ERROR||max. 7 arcseconds or less peak to peak periodic error before correction.|
|ILLUMINATION||Hand paddle and control system LEDs|