10Micron Centaurus II Tripod for GM2000 Mount
- For use with 10Micron GM2000 HPS German EQ mount
- Can be used with GM1000 with optional adaptor
- Large carrying capacity 200kg (440lbs)
- Dual tube leg design
- Most rigid and lightweight tripod from results encoder accuracy testing
- Comes with Cordura carry bag
The 10Micron Centaurus II aluminium tripod was designed for use with the GM2000 HPS Mount. However it can also be used with their GM1000 mount with the optional #1451091 GM1000-to-Centaurus II adaptor flange for extra stability and sturdiness. The tripod is the most rigid and most lightweight collapsible tripod based on the results from testing the tripod to sustain the HPS-encoder accuracy.
A high quality accurate mount need to be mounted on a similarly high quality and rigid tripod that is stable, minimises vibration and is resistant against lateral/twisting movements.
Thanks to the mount's absolute encoders, it is possible to measure any change in the length of a tripod leg (e.g a tripod leg sinks into the ground during tracking). A movement of one-tenth of a millimetre can cause an offset of 10 arcseconds during tracking. These are the reason why 10Micron developed their own tripods and only with a tripod like the Centaurus II that they can assure that all the accuracy given from their exclusive GM mount systems will be maintained.
The tripod features folding dual tube upper leg design, to provide maximum rigidity, for tripod height adjustment. The Centaurus II tripod legs are made of a particularly hard aluminium alloy and it also features ergonomic large locking knobs. The tripod feet are self levelling which makes positioning the tripod easy when on uneven surfaces. A Cordura centre-triangle that fits between each leg can be used for accessory storage (e.g. eyepieces, power supply etc).
Centaurus II Tripod showing the dual tube leg for tripod height extension and large locking knobs. Inset: The tripod bubble level.
The Centaurus II Tripod for the GM2000 comes ready to use and includes a Cordura accessory tray and Cordura carry bag.
- All CNC-machined aluminum design with ERGAL – alloy tubing
- Strong-grip clutches for fast and secure height adjustment
- Three collapsible leg extensions for ease of transport (folded length: 100 cm – 39”)
- Variable height from 90 to 135 cm (35” to 53”)
- Tripod weight: 21 kg (46 lbs)
- Payload: 200 kg (441 lbs) max
- Tripod head diameter: 230mm (9”), matching GM2000 mount, predrilled to fit other mounts – with adapter
- Upholstered cordura bag of highest quality
- Cordura triangle cloth to serve as giant accessory tray
- Total weight (tripod & Cordura bag): 22,5 kg (50 lbs)
- Dimension of transport-ready Cordura bag w. tripod: 30cm (12”) Diameter, 100cm (39”) Length
- Dimension of transport-ready carton box: 110 x 35 x 35 cm (43” x 14” x 14”)
- HPS-tested – to sustain HPS encoder accuracy