The Baader ClickLock (1¼" / 2") is a precisely fitting, very massive eyepiece clamp without clamping screws (!). Inserted eyepieces, CCD cameras and similar accessories are securely held in place, locked against rotation and won't be scratched in any way! With a small turn of 20°, each eyepiece is firmly clamped. You will never have to handle small locking screws again – instead, just rotate the top of the eyepiece clamp for a few degrees, and the eyepiece will be firmly fixed. This is also no problem with gloves on!
Baader's various ClickLock clamps are made of seven precision-machined components which provide a highly effective retention mechanism that securely holds any 1¼" or 2" eyepiece. The clamp is very expensive to assemble, the price therefore initially may appear high for "nothing more than" a clamping device. But if you think about the comfort, precision and stability, it's well worth the money.
You do not have to tighten the ClickLock clamps with brutal force, because the mechanical principle comes from professional mechanical engineering. This is how the tool holder in modern CNC milling centres works. Clever use of leverage multiplies the torque. The inserted object is held on three sides similar to a quick-action chuck and can therefore no longer carry out any tilting movements.
Features of the Baader 2" to 1¼" ClickLock Reducer (T-2 part #15B)
- Precision machined reducer to complement the Baader 2" ClickLock-System, inserted height only 9.5mm
- Firmly holds all 1¼" eyepieces, accessories, and diagonals
- ClickLock compression ring made of hardened bronze ensures lifetime non-marring operation
- Fingertip operated twist-lock system works like a CNC machine chuck – onto the compression ring
- Bidirectional ratcheted lever (no thumbscrew!) indicates open/close position in the dark
- Gentle touch onto the lever results in ultra-strong locking action – and easy release
- Accepts all astronomical, cell-mounted 2" eyepiece-filters
- T-2 (M42x0.75) inner photo-thread attaches onto most T-2 threaded accessories and all Baader T-2 diagonals
|OPTICAL LENGTH (MM)
|T-2 PART #
||fast clamping of every 1¼" accessory, use also as filter holder
|INNER CONNECTION (LENS SIDED)
||Thread, T-2 (M42 x 0,75), M48
|OUTER CONNECTION (LENS SIDED)
||Barrel, 2" (50,8mm)
|INNER CONNECTION (EYEPIECE/-CAMERA-SIDED)
||Baader Planetarium, Celestron
|TYPE OF ADAPTER
||ClickLock, Eyepiece Clamp, Filter holder, Reducing piece
Baader 2" to 1¼" ClickLock Reducer - Features