Baader Mark III 2" Multi-Purpose Coma Corrector (MPCC)
- Coma corrector for Newton telescopes, that reduces neither the focal length nor the image field of your telescope
- Large lenses for completely vignetting-free exposures up to f / 3.5. Maximum sharpness over the entire image field
- Phantom Coating™ Group multi-coated for maximum transmission and total freedom from reflections
- Next to the photographic only version, there is also a visual version that contains all parts of the base elements as well as additional adaptors for visual application:
- 2458400A: Photographic Version with removable 2" stop ring collar, usable either with T-2 (M42x0.75) or M48x0.75 connection
- 2458403: Visual Version (V-1 Set) contains all parts of the photographic Version MPCC Mark III #2458400A as well as 1¼" to T-2 focusing eyepiece clamp (#2458125) and adjustable VariLock T-2 extension tube 20 – 29 mm (#2956929)
The Multi Purpose Coma Corrector Mark III eliminates coma across the full photographic field without manipulating the focal length. The proprietary lens design has our Phantom Group™ wideband multicoating on all air to glass surfaces. This treatment delivers highest transmission combined with lowest amount of scatter and reflections across a very wide spectral range from UV to NIR. The original MPCC had been designed for an f/ratio of f4.5 to f6. The new Mark III however works exceptionally well even down to f3.5. Stars remain pinpoints across the field and the visual use likewise is made much easier - with the help of the 2" (M48) male filter thread at the eyepiece facing side.
The base-element 2858400A is prepared for use with a DSLR and a standard T-ring, it can be used over the T-2 thread on all standard T-rings. Since the T-thread vignettes with cameras with larger sensors (such as full-format DSLRs), the T-2 thread can be removed. Then an M48 thread is free, and the free aperture increases from 38 to 44 mm. The M48 spacer ring for MPCC III / Protective EOS T-ring can be connected directly to the Protective CANON DSLR T-ring.
This means that you do not only have sharp stars in the entire picture but also illuminate large sensors!
Please note: This set replaces the former set #2458402 for visual and photographic application of the MPCC Mark III. The old set consisted of a multitude of rings – but was not adjustable in optical length such as this in the V-1 set.
The idea for this new and much more versatile set was born and Baader recommend their VariLock and focusing eyepiece clamp as best accessories.
Visual and photographic application
In addition, the MPCC can be used both visually and photographically. The V-1 set # 2454803 contains the necessary adaptors for most eyepieces or cameras with a 1.25 "socket - a detailed description can be found in the manual, which can be can be downloaded as a PDF under the tab "Downloads". The basic element of the MPCC can be upgraded at any time for visual use, all necessary parts are also available separately.
Technical data of MPCC Mark III
- no change in focal length or field size, an f4 Newtonian remains f4.
- calculated lens system - designed for an un-vignetted field down to f3.5
- maximum sharpness across the field - without centre soft spot (as reported of other)
- accepts T-2(M42x0.75) and/or 2"(M48x0.75) threaded photographic- or visual-adaptors
- 2" stopping collar removable for increase in backfocus
- for photographic and visual use
- easy to use
- exceptional price/performance ratio
- Phantom Coating™ Group multi-coated for maximum transmission and freedom from reflections from UV to NIR
- optional adaptor for direct coupling of the MPCC III directly onto the Baader CANON EOS protective T-ring
- 44mm clear aperture when using the M48(2") filter-tread or the Protective T-ring with optional adaptor
|SKU (#)||2458400A (photographic) / 2458403 (visual & photographic)|
|WEIGHT (KG)||0.084 / 0.274|
|INNER CONNECTION (LENS SIDED)||Thread, M48|
|OUTER CONNECTION (LENS SIDED)||Barrel, 2" (50,8mm)|
|INNER CONNECTION (EYEPIECE/-CAMERA-SIDED)||Clamp, 1.25" (Photo & Visual version) ; screw clamps|
|OUTER CONNECTION (EYEPIECE/-CAMERA-SIDED)||Thread, T-2 (M42 x 0,75), M48|
|AR-COATING||Phantom Coating® Group|
|WORKING RANGE||f/3.5 – f/6|
|INNER DIAMETER / CLEAR APERTURE (MM)||44|
|USAGE||virtually eliminates the entire coma on Newton telescopes without altering the focal length|
|BARREL SIZE (IN)||2" / 1.25" & 2"|
|OPTICAL DESIGN||Coma Corrector|