This high quality five (5) set of filters from Baader are for astroimaging purposes.
- Parfocal and plane polished substrates. Each individual filter is optically fine-polished to 1/4 wave.
- Baader filters are hard coated individually.
- Baader filters especially are not cut out of large size plate-glass, which is a typical manufacturing process for economy filters (cut-out filters exhibit micro-cracks around all edges. Capillary action between glass and coating layers will lead to premature ageing due to moisture deposition).
- All Baader filters have individual coating sealed edges, impermeable against ageing because the the penetration of moisture impossible.
- Baader filters are being tested repeatedly to comply with MIL-specifications. One common process is to boil the test specimen for one hour in salt water. Baader filters remained completely intact as opposed to filters drilled out of large glass plates.
- All Baader filters sport scratch resistant hard coatings which can be cleaned repeatedly throughout their entire lifetime as many times as needed - preferably with Baader Optical Wonder cleaning fluid.
- No reflections when compared to competing RGB-filter recipes.
- Balanced RGB-design offer 1:1:1 exposure times for most telescope optical systems - an important benefit when imaging in automated mode.
- Maximised colour contrast for each of the three RGB channels - achieved through steep slopes at all transmission curves combined with science approved placement of spectral window.
- O III emission line double-weighted in the B and G channel as well, with maximum peak transmission for unparalleled deep sky S/N yield
- R-Filter provides maximum transmission of H-alpha and S II emission but at the same time completely blocks all NIR and IR from 680 out to 1200 nm
- Blocking of Mercury and Sodium vapour lamps at 580 nm in the G and R filters blackens the sky background and maximises colour balance and colour separation.
||multiple bands (see spectral image)
|FILTER THICKNESS (WITHOUT CELL)
||2 mm /3 mm
||dielectrically coated, planeoptically polished
||CCD, Contrast Enhancement, Light Pollution Reduction, Luminance, RGB
||Mounted (LPFC 6mm) and Unmounted
|TYPE OF FILTER
|SINGLE OR SET?
||round and square