Baader Sky Surfer V (Night & Day Design) Red-Dot-Finder
- SkySurfer V works in dual function ("day &night"), as precise solar-finder as well as a classic Red Dot Finder.
- Incl. RDM Red Dot Mount #2457010 to mount onto most Celestron, Sky-Watcher and Vixen finder bases, Baader-Standard-Base #2457000 to mount on other telescopes. The SkySurfer V unit (without the RDM mount) also fits directly onto 11 mm Weaver micro gunrails and 20 mm Weaver/Picatinny rails
- Water resistant and completely made of black anodized metal.
- Weight of the Red Dot Finder: without adaptor to the telescope 310 g; base: 55 g
- Long dew shields are mounted before and behind the lens to prevent fogging
- The 1: 1 objective lens is non-reflective and darkens the sky much less than competitive-seekers
- The Baader MQR can be used either in full height or in a low profile configuration
- The spacer itself is equipped with a mini-weaver-style dovetail so that it can carry a SkySurfer III or SkySurfer V red dot finder as well
- Front jump cover #2957311 with 0.7 mm through-hole to work as solar "camera obscura" when cover is closed and Rear jump cover #2957312 with yellow glass cover with opaque crosshair reticle and UV/IR blocking filter available separately, is suitable for upgrading for an older SkySurfer V model.
Originally this product had a military function, hence it is built like a tank.
With both jump covers flipped open, the unit works as a terrestrial as well as an astronomical Red Dot Finder for straight through aiming with both eyes open, featuring a sharp 2 MOA red dot with 11 brightness set points. The three lower light settings are intended for night work against the sky.
With both jump-covers closed, the unit works as a safe daylight solar finder, projecting the solar disc through a 1.5 MOA (minutes of arc) pinhole onto a 40 mm wide rear 2 MOA reticle. The reticle is applied onto a yellow UV-blocker for added safety against accidental straight viewing. The projected solar image can be centred onto the reticle without looking straight through the finder.
- To not loose sighting stars, the view though the SkySurfer V is markedly brighter compared to regular gunsight red dot visors.
- All lenses and optical windows of the SkySurfer V are fully multicoated for maximum starlight throughput
- The optical body and all adjustments are waterresistant, fogproof and shockproof
- SkySurfer V comes fully assembled with anti-dew extensions and jump covers mounted.
Features of the SkySurfer V
- Fully multicoated lenses provide increased light transmission
- Illuminated red dot reticle is highly visible in daylight and dimmable for unimpaired night vision
- Unlimited eye relief
- Use with both eyes wide open
- Red Color does not impair nightvision
- 35 mm deep added dew-shields on either side prevent fogging of the lenses and work as a perfect straylight shield.
- 70 mm elevation of Universal Red Dot Mount enables effortless aiming – even when mounted onto the optical tube of a Newtonian telescope (most low profile red dot aiming devices don't provide enough "face-space" between telescope and finder.
- Ready out of the box: Extension tubes and jump covers readily mounted
- Front jump cover features a 1.5 MOA center hole to work as moisture release when closed after use and to work as daylight pinhole projector.
- Rear jump cover features a 40 mm yellow UV-blocked window with integrated opaque reticle with 2 MOA (minutes of arc) center hole to catch the solar image projected by the front 1.5 MOA center hole.
- Magnification: 1x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 40 mm
- Reticle: Illuminated, 2 MOA (minute of arc) Red Dot
- Adjustment Gradation: 1 MOA per click / 48 clicks per revoution
- Waterresistant and Fogproof
- Battery: 1 CR2032 (included)
- Fits directly on 11mm Weaver micro gunrails, and with standard adapter (not included) onto Weaver- und Picatinny rails
- Length: 210 mm (8.5")
- Weight: 310 g (base: 55g)
Sky Surfer V - scope of supply
- Sky-Surfer V basic optical module (Fits directly onto 11mm Weaver micro gunrails. When reversing the clamping brackets, the SkySurfer V directly fits onto all standard rails (20 mm) of Weaver and Picatinny)
- 2 pc. 35 mm optical tube extensions (mounted on optical body)
- Front jump cover #2957311 with 0.7 mm through-hole to work as solar "camera obscura" when cover is closed (mounted on extension tube)
- Rear jump cover with yellow glass cover with opaque crosshair reticle and UV/IR blocking filter
- Baader Universal RDM Red Dot Mount #2457010
- Baader Standard Base #2457000
SkySurfer V Red Dot Reticle
- Nocturnal Red Dot Size: 2 Minutes of arc (2 MOA), provides a most "vanishing point"
- Daylight Red Dot Size: 3 Minutes of arc (3 MOA)
- Use with both eyes wide open
- Red Color does not impar nightvision
- 11 variable illumination settings (3 settings for night vision)
- Lithium battery with up to 4000 hours lifetime at #1 nocturnal dial
|OBJECTIVE LENSES||40 mm|
|FINDERSCOPE||Illuminated, 2 MOA (minute of arc) Red Dot|
|ADJUSTMENT GRADATION||1 MOA per click / 48 clicks per revolution|
|WATERPROOF||Water resistant and Fogproof|
|BATTERIES||1 CR2032 (included)|
|DOVETAIL COMPATIBILITY||Fits directly on 11mm Weaver micro gunrails, and with standard adaptor (not included) onto Weaver- und Picatinny rails|
|LENGTH (MM)||210 mm (8.5")|
|WEIGHT (KG)||310 g (base: 55g)|