Baader Solar Continuum Filter
- Baader Solar Continuum Filter
- Available in 1.25" and 2" mounted
- 10nm bandpass with CWL 540nm
- Enhances contrast and reduces the effect of atmospheric turbulence
- Planeoptically polished, non-ageing sealed coating edges
- This filter must be used in conjunction with a Baader Herschel Wedge or Baader AstroSolar Safety Film for solar observations otherwise eye or equipment damage may occur.
The filter works as a monochrometer - suppressing the effects of the atmospheric turbulence to ensures highest contrast in the Solar photosphere and results in images that are significantly sharper. Owners of SCTs and refractors will benefit as red and blue wavelengths are completely excluded, with the transmission area peaking at 535nm where telescope optics are sharpest and free from chromatic aberration.
The combination of AstroSolar Photo Film (ND 3.8) and Solar Continuum filter is used exclusively for photography of the sun at high magnifications. This combination is highly apt to capture the finest solar surface detail and granulation at extremely high magnification while enabling ultra-short exposure (measured in milliseconds) in order to freeze atmospheric turbulence.
Note: This filter must be used in conjunction with a Baader Herschel Wedge or Baader AstroSolar Safety Film for solar observations otherwise eye or equipment damage may occur.
|SKU (#)||2458390 (1.25") / 2458391 (2")|
|TRANSMISSION RANGE||535 – 545 nm|
|FILTER THICKNESS (WITHOUT CELL)||2 mm|
|CWL (CENTRAL WAVELENGTH)||540 nm|
|AR-COATING||dielectrically coated, planeoptically polished|
|FILTER SIZE||1.25 inch / 2 inch|
|FILTER USAGE||Contrast Enhancement, Solar|
|FILTER MOUNTED||Mounted (LPFC 6mm)|
|TYPE OF FILTER||Narrowband|
|SINGLE OR SET?||Single Filter|