The Celestron 0.7x EdgeHD focal reducers are for use the 8-14" EdgeHD telescopes only. The optical design (four-element for 8"/9.25" model and five-element for 11"/14" model) maintains the flat-field performance of the EdgeHD optical system and unlike generic reducers, these provide substantial back focus to accommodate a wide range of imaging accessories (e.g. filterwheels etc).
Each EdgeHD reducer offers high index optical elements, including extra low dispersion, exotic Lanthanum glass elements to provide high contrast viewing while minimising chromatic aberration. All of the air-to-glass lens surfaces feature multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and colour correction. All also feature blackened edges to minimise internal reflection and maximise image contrast. Large diameter lens elements, up to 60 mm clear aperture, ensure that the optimised image circle remains at a generous 42 mm for use with large imaging CCD sensors.
The optical elements of each reducer are housed in a computer assisted CNC machined aluminium housing for precise spacing and alignment of the optical elements. Threaded metal covers on both ends of the reducer lens assembly protects the optics from dust and scratches,
With the Fastar/Hyperstar options being available on all the EdgeHD optical systems, when coupled with a .7x reducer, your telescope becomes the most complete imaging system available in its price range today.
- Design: 4-element (for 8"/9.25") / 5-element (for 11"/14") optical layout designed specifically to maintain the flat-field performance of the EdgeHD optical design
- Unlike generic reducers the EdgeHD .7x provides generous back focus to accommodate additional accessories and a wide variety of cameras.
- Gives generous 105mm of back focus for 8" model
- Maintains the same back focus as when used at f/11
- Also allows use of existing EdgeHD T-Adaptors and other Celestron imaging accessories
- One full F-Stop faster: Reduces the exposure time by half to capture the same brightness of object
- Increase field of view by 43%: Better for capturing wide field images of larger galaxies and nebulae
Full Frame Design
- Lanthanum Glass Elements: EdgeHD reducer uses "rare earth" Lanthanum glass elements for clear, high contrast viewing while minimising chromatic aberration
- Fully multi-coated lens elements: All air-to-glass surfaces have multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and colour correction
- Blacken edges: All lens elements have blacken edges to minimise internal reflection and maximise contrast
- Threads directly onto the threads of the EdgeHD optical tube: Reduces mechanical vignetting and allows for use with larger (full frame) sensors and Off-Axis Guiders
- Clear aperture: up to 60 mm clear aperture lens optimised for a 42 mm image circle for use with large CCD sensors.
- Machined aluminium housing: Computer assisted CNC machined aluminium housing for precise spacing and alignment of the optical elements.
- Threaded metal covers for both ends of the lens assembly: To protect your investment from unwanted dust and scratches.
- Fastar compatibility and f/2 imaging with optional accessory: the EdgeHD is the most complete imaging system in its price range.
||3.25 lbs (1.47 kg)
||4-Element (8" model) / 5-Element (9.25"/11"/14" model)
|Optimal Back Focus
||105mm (8" model) / 146mm (9.25"/11"/14" model)