Celestron 1.25" Univeral Barlow and T-Adaptor
- Three accessories in one with the Celestron Universal Barlow & T-Adaptor
- Use during visual observing to double the magnification of every 1.25” eyepiece
- Use the T-Adaptor portion without barlow for Prime Focus Photography
- Tele-Extended Photography: Use the T-Adaptor with Barlow to get double the magnification of prime focus mode
- T-threads accept camera brand specific T-Ring (sold separately)
Prime focus and tele-extended photography are popular for short exposure images of terrestrial objects as well as celestial objects like the Moon. This Celestron 1.25" Univeral Barlow and T-Adaptor accessory can be used three ways:
- as a 2X Barlow for visual use: The Universal Barlow & T-Adaptor can be used as a 2X Barlow right out of the box. Insert any 1.25” eyepiece into the chamber and you’ll enjoy double the magnification, while retaining all the eye relief of the inserted eyepiece.
- as a prime focus T-adaptor: This means you can use the telescope as a very big photographic lens. Just unscrew the bottom section of the unit to remove the Barlow and slide the chrome barrel into the telescope’s 1.25” focuser or adaptor. Lock it firmly in place with the focuser or adaptor thumbscrew. T-threads on the top of the adaptor screw into a T-Ring (sold separately) that is designed to attach to the brand-specific mounting flange of your DSLR or SLR camera.
- as a “Barlowed” T-adaptor: for double the magnification and the benefit of extra inward focus travel. In “Tele-Extended” mode, the Barlow doubles the focal length and f/ratio of your telescope, resulting in an image on the sensor or film plane that is twice the size of a prime focus image. Please note that some telescopes, especially “fast” refractors and Newtonians, may not have enough focus travel to allow the photographic image to come to focus when used in prime focus mode. In these instances, adding the Barlow to the T-Adaptor will allow the telescope to reach focus.
|Weight||2.3 oz (65 g)|
|Barrel Size||32mm (1.25")|
|External Length||76mm (3")|