Celestron Astro Fi 6 Schmidt-Cassegrain
- 6" Schmidt Cassegrain with fully coated glass optics.
- Control your computerised telescope via integrated WiFi using Celestron’s free SkyPortal app
- Observe in no time with a quick and easy, no-tool setup.
- Accessories include: two eyepieces (40mm and 13mm), star diagonal, StarPointer finderscope, and a NEW smartphone adaptor.
- Adjustable height tripod includes an accessory tray.
Celestron's Astro Fi 6"/150mm aperture telescope is currently the largest aperture telescope in this very popular series. It is a computerised alt-azimuth Schmidt Cassegrain telescope that is perfect for terrestrial and celestial viewing on the go. The Astro Fi offers dazzling views of craters on the Moon, the rings of Saturn, the Great Red Spot on Jupiter, the Orion Nebula, the Hercules Globular Cluster and so much more at night.
The 6” optical tube, a great multi-use telescope with 1500 mm focal length (f/10). The Celestron C6 is equipped with patented StarBright® XLT coatings which visibly increase contrast on subtle lunar, planetary, and nebula details and higher light transmission for brighter deep space images and shorter exposure times. For this application, observers can use the C6 Celestron optical tube to view the night sky or as a terrestrial spotting scope. The Celestron C6 has the best balance of portability, handling ease, light grasp and price ever offered to the amateur astronomer. It is an advanced level instrument that is as easy to use as any intermediate level, and most entry level, telescopes.
StarBright XLT is Celestron’s revolutionary optical coating system that outperforms any other coating in the commercial telescope market. There are three major components that make up our StarBright XLT high-transmission optical system design: Unique enhanced multi-layer mirror coatings, multi-layer anti-reflective coatings, and high-transmission water white glass. These three components of our StarBright XLT coatings result in one of the finest coatings available.
Take in the sky with the telescope's computerised alt-azimuth mount. This straightforward design allows the telescope to move in all directions. Setting up the telescope is a breeze and will have you observing in no time. Even on your first time out, you can assemble the telescope, its accessories, and download SkyPortal app in just a few minutes. The adjustable tripod legs allow you to customise the telescope’s height to your liking. The telescope kit is lightweight and portable, perfect for impromptu observing sessions or transporting wherever life’s adventures take you.
You can control your telescope using your smart device. The Astro Fi series emits its own wireless connection to Celestron’s SkyPortal app to provide easy remote observing. Celestron’s SkyPortal app replaces the traditional telescope hand control for a 100% wireless experience. Getting ready to observe is quick and painless thanks to Celestron’s award-winning SkyAlign technology. Centre any three bright objects in the eyepiece, and your telescope calculates its position. You can even generate a Sky Tour of all the best celestial objects to view based on your exact time and location. Scan the sky for an object you would like to view, tap the object in SkyPortal and watch your Astro Fi telescope automatically slews to the object. While observing, SkyPortal provides information on the object; it’s never been more fun to explore the universe!
NOTE: Due to the amount of information SkyPortal has to offer, we recommend downloading the app before going out to observe.
- Two eyepieces (25mm and 10 mm) : The two eyepieces offer different magnifications to view your intended object.
- Star diagonal: The star diagonal provides a right-side-up viewing for a more comfortable viewing angle when looking up at the sky.
- StarPointer finderscope: The StarPointer finderscope will help you quickly centre an object in your eyepiece for easier observing.
- Smartphone adaptor: Image celestial or terrestrial objects with this smartphone adaptor! The Astro Fi has an smartphone adaptor to capture great images of the Moon, planets, and terrestrial targets like birds and wildlife. With its light, rigid frame, this accessory allows you to connect any smartphone to any telescope eyepiece with an outside diameter of 45mm or smaller. This smartphone adaptor installs easily over the top of an eyepiece while bungee cords securely hold your phone in position so you can snap images or video. While the vast majority of smartphones can be used with the case on, some very large and/or bulky phone cases (such as folio style cases) may need to be removed for the phone to fit in the adaptor.
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond.
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:|
|Focal Length||1500mm (59")|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1||25mm (0.98")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||38x|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2||10mm (0.39")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2||115x|
|Highest Useful Magnification||354x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||21x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||13.4|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||.93 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.77 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||459x|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||55.88mm (2.2")|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||14%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||37%|
|Optical Coatings||StarBright XLT|
|Optical Tube Length||406.4mm (16")|
|Optical Tube Diameter||155mm (6.1")|
|Optical Tube Weight||4.5 kg (10lb)|
|Dovetail||Vixen / CG-5 Dovetail bar|
|Mount Type||Computerised Altitude-Azimuth Single Fork Arm|
|Instrument load capacity||8 lbs (3.6 kg)|
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod)||863.6mm - 1371.6mm (34" - 54")|
|Tripod leg diameter||31.75mm (1.25") Aluminum|
|Mount Head Weight||5 lbs (2.3 kg)|
|Accessory Tray||Yes. Includes rubberized smartphone or tablet holder|
|Tripod Weight||5 lbs (2.3 kg)|
|Slew Speeds||max slew rate is 3°/second|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar, and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South|
|Dovetail Compatibility||Vixen / CG-5 Dovetail|
|Number of Auxiliary ports||2x Aux port for optional accessories|
|USB Port||No (only with optional Nexstar+ remote)|
|Power Requirements||12V DC, 1A (Tip positive)|
|Motor Drive||DC servo motor|
|Alignment Procedures||SkyAlign, 3-Star Align, Solar System Align|
|Periodic Error Correction||No|
|Computerized Hand Control||Hand control not included (optional)|
|NexStar+ Database||Optional Nexstar+ hand remote provides over 4,000 objects in the computer's database|
|Software||Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App. Each provide over 100,00 objects in their database|
|Total Kit Weight||14.8 lbs (6.71 kg)|
|Included Items||Telescope OTA | Mount | Tripod w/accessory tray | 2x eyepieces | Red dot starpointer | Battery pouch|