Celestron AstroMaster Accessory Kit
- Eight-piece eyepiece and filter accessory kit for Celestron AstroMaster, or any other telescope
- Includes two 1.25” eyepieces, a 2X Barlow lens, three filters, a cleaning cloth
- Storage case included
- A plastic, hard carry case keeps everything safe in the foam-lined interior
This kit has a number of useful accessories which will allow you to get more enjoyment from your Celestron AstroMaster telescope.
All the accessories are supplied in a black plastic carry case which has die-cut foam inside to protect them. Inside the carry case you will find these accessories:
Eyepieces - The 15 mm and 6 mm eyepieces can be used in any telescope with a 1.25” focuser. Each eyepiece is fully coated to improve light transmission and protect the optics. The 15 mm Kellner eyepiece offers a nice medium magnification view in most telescopes, and the 6 mm Plossl provides high magnifications, great for the Moon and planets, especially when seeing conditions are good.
2x Barlow Lens - Insert the 2x Barlow Lens between the eyepiece and the telescope and it doubles the magnification of any 1.25” eyepiece. That means the 15 mm Kellner included in this kit will double in power, effectively becoming a 7.5 mm eyepiece, and the 6 mm will provide the magnification of a 3 mm. Any other 1.25” eyepieces you already have will also work in this versatile accessory, giving you even more magnification choices. Remember, high magnifications do not always produce clear, sharp results, especially on evenings of poor or moderate seeing conditions. Experiment to find the magnifications that are best for you and your telescope. The barlow also features T-Threads which are machined into this Barlow lens on the eyepiece-side, allowing you to attach a DSLR camera with the addition of an optional T-Ring.
Filters - Coloured filters can be used to bring out certain details on a planet’s surface or its cloud structure. Both planetary filters, as well as the Moon filter, can be used on any 1.25” eyepiece with the proper filter threads, so they are very versatile. Just screw one onto your eyepiece of choice and slide it into the focuser.
- The #80A is a medium-blue filter that enhances the contrast of the cloud belts on Jupiter and the polar ice caps on Saturn. It also can be used to increase contrast on the Moon if you don’t mind the colour shift.
- The #25 filter is a deep red colour and is a good choice when you want to define the polar ice caps on Mars. It’s also fun to use this filter when observing Jupiter. The #25 Red filter blocks quite a bit of light coming through your telescope, however, so it is best used on bright objects with larger aperture telescopes.
- The Moon filter is one of the first accessories most new amateur astronomers buy, and for good reason! It helps block out a portion of the light the Moon sends into your eyepiece so that you can see details better. You can also try this filter on Venus; it helps you see the planet’s phases.
Cleaning Cloth and Case - Keep the micro-fibre cleaning cloth stashed in your AstroMaster Accessory Kit case so that it will always be handy. It’s much better to use a micro-fibre cloth on your optics than other wipes or tissue, as it does not leave a residue, and can be reused. Remember to blow or brush any dust particles off of your optics before rubbing them with the cloth.