Celestron CGX 1100 Equatorial 11" RASA
- Celestron RASA 11" telescope and CGX mount package
- Rowe-Ackermann 11-inch f/2.2 optical design
- Rare-earth glass for images free of false color, coma, and field curvature
- 43.3 mm optimised image circle with pinpoint stars to the far corners of even the largest astroimaging sensors. 52 mm usable field for larger format sensors
- Custom engineered linear brass focuser bearing reduces image shift
- Dual-speed 10:1 FeatherTouch Micro Focus Knob for precise focusing
- The CGX, with its 55 lb. load capacity, is Celestron’s most innovative, state-of-the art, computerised equatorial mount to date, and provides a very sturdy and rigid platform for the fully-loaded RASA 11".
- CGX drive system utilises low cog DC Servo motors with integrated optical encoders, belt and pulley motor connection, spring-loaded steel worm gears supported by precision sealed bearings, and brass worm wheels for smooth, accurate slewing and tracking performance with little backlash.
- Fully remote imaging capable, with optical limit switches, home sensors, through-mount cabling, and hard stops.
- Included Celestron PWI software allows direct computer control via USB 2.0 connection.
- Proven NexStar+ computerised telescope control technology supports functions to address imagers’ needs, such as All-Star Polar Alignment, Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC), and adjustable tracking through meridian.
Capture spectacular wide-field deep sky images in seconds with Celestron’s 11” Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) portable astrograph mounted on Celestron's state-of-the-art CGX equatorial mount- a perfect astroimaging combination!
The Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph builds on the legacy of Celestron’s Schmidt Camera, which allowed astrophotographers to produce images on film in the 1970s. This fast, wide-field f/2.2 astrographic system offers two huge advantages over traditional f/10 astroimaging: better apparent tracking and shorter exposures. That means you’ll create better-looking astroimages in a fraction of the time, even without the use of an autoguider. Celestron’s new Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph will allow you to capture impressive deep-sky astroimages easier than ever before and it makes the perfect companion to today’s top DSLR or astronomical CCD cameras.
Today, with CCD sensor sizes as large as film—or larger—the Schmidt Astrograph offers a 43.3 mm optimised image circle to capture pinpoint stars on the largest imaging chips. (Note: Celestron previously published 70 mm which is actually the aperture of the last lens in the telescope. The optical design has not changed). Combine this large image circle with a focal length of just 620 mm and you have an instrument suitable for wide-field imaging, creating huge mosaics of the night sky, surveying, and even comet hunting.
The Celestron CGX Equatorial mount has been designed from the ground up to provide a solid and accurate platform for your telescope for both visual and astro-imaging requirements. The mount has a number of new and innovative features including a lower profile EQ head, which provides a more compact and stable mount; a better drive system; home and limit optical sensors with internal hard stops making it more remote operation-friendly; internal cable management.
In addition Celestron have made mechanical and ergonomic improvements too. These include conveniently located mount carrying handles to make transport and mounting (and removing) the mount on/off the tripod easier. There are also large latitude and dovetail clamp adjustment knobs to make the CGX easier to set up with your telescope.
The mount can be controlled with software developed in conjunction with PlaneWave Instruments - called CPWI - and is supplied free with the mount. CPWI uses advance PointXP mount modelling that allows you to add 100+ points to an alignment model for the mount set up, for the most accurate pointing and tracking possible for your Celestron telescope. The software also features an All-Star Polar Alignment routine, motor focus control and plate solving.
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:|
|Optical Design||Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph|
|Focal Length||620mm (24.4")|
|Central obstruction diameter||114mm (4.48") (41% of aperture diameter)|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||1588x|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.49 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.41 arc seconds|
|Image Circle||43.3mm (1.7") Ø , 4.0°|
|Useable field||52mm (2.04") Ø , 4.8° only minimal performance loss at edge of FOV|
|Wavelength range||400 - 700 nm|
|Spot size||< 4.4 μm RMS across FOV|
|Optical Coatings||StarBright XLT|
|Off-axis Illumination||83% at 21mm (.82") off-axis|
|Optical Window||68mm (2.67") Ø|
|Back focus with included camera adapter||55mm (2.16")|
|Back focus from top of threaded collar||72.8mm (2.86")|
|Optical Tube Length||838.2mm (33")|
|Optical Tube Diameter||330.2mm (13")|
|Focuser||FeatherTouch microfocuser, coarse and fine focus|
|Optical Tube Weight||43 lbs (19.5 kg)|
|Other Features||Ventilation fan, dual dovetail mounting bars, mirror support clutches|
|Included items||42mm (1.65") T-thread camera adapter, 48mm (1.89") camera adapter, fan battery pack|
|Dovetail||CGE Dovetail Bar|
|Mount Type||Computerised Equatorial|
|Instrument load capacity||55 lbs (25 kg)|
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod)||1200.15mm - 1968.5mm (47.25" - 77.5")|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||50.8mm (2") Steel tripod with graduated markings on lower section|
|Latitude adjustment range||3° - 65°|
|Mount Head Weight||44 lbs (20 kg)|
|Tripod Weight||19.2 lbs (8.7 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||4 x 11 lbs|
|Slew Speeds||9 slew speeds - max speed 4°/second|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North & EQ South|
|Dovetail Compatibility||Dual saddle plates (Vixen and CGE saddle)|
|Number of Auxiliary ports||2 Aux ports (Hand Control can use either Aux port)|
|USB Port||Yes, input for Mount and Hand Control|
|Power Requirements||12V DC, 4 amps|
|Motor Drive||DC servo motors|
|Alignment Procedures||2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, Solar System Align, Last Alignment, Quick Align|
|Periodic Error Correction||Yes|
|Computer Hand Control||2 line x 18 character backlit Liquid Crystal Display, 19 LED backlit buttons, USB 2.0 port for PC connection|
|NexStar+ Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Software||PWI Telescope Control Software, Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App|
|Total Kit Weight||150.2 lbs (68 kg)|
|Included Items||CGX Equatorial Head | CGX Tripod | Accessory Tray | 2 x 11 lbs counterweights | NexStar+ Hand Control | 8mm Allen Wrench | 12V DC Power Cable | Hand Control Holster|