Celestron CGX Equatorial 800 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
- Celestron 8" SCT and CGX computerised equatorial mount package
- 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain Optical Tube Assembly
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Aluminium Optical Tube
- 2032 mm focal length (f/10)
- The CGX, with its 55 lb. load capacity, is Celestron’s most innovative, state-of-the art, computerised equatorial mount to date, and provides a very sturdy and rigid platform.
- The drive system utilises low cog DC Servo motors with integrated optical encoders, belt and pulley motor connection, spring-loaded steel worm gears supported by precision sealed bearings, and brass worm wheels for smooth, accurate slewing and tracking performance with little backlash.
- Fully remote imaging capable, with optical limit switches, home sensors, through-mount cabling, and hard stops.
- Included Celestron PWI software allows direct computer control via USB 2.0 connection.
- Proven NexStar+ computerised telescope control technology supports functions to address imagers’ needs, such as All-Star Polar Alignment, Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC), and adjustable tracking through meridian.
This 8" aperture optical tube assembly (OTA) is the most popular size of Celestron's Schmidt-Cassegrain range. It features Celestron's StarBright XLT coatings on the corrector plate for maximum light transmission. The telescope has a 2032mm focal length (f/10) making it a good overall performer on a range of celestial objects.
The telescope comes with a star diagonal for more comfortable viewing of high altitude objects and a 25mm Plossl eyepiece which gives 81x magnification. A 6x30 finderscope to help locate objects completes the package.
The Celestron CGX Equatorial mount has been designed from the ground up to provide a solid and accurate platform for your telescope for both visual and astro-imaging requirements. The mount has a number of new and innovative features including a lower profile EQ head, which provides a more compact and stable mount; a better drive system; home and limit optical sensors with internal hard stops making it more remote operation-friendly; internal cable management.
In addition Celestron have made mechanical and ergonomic improvements too. These include conveniently located mount carrying handles to make transport and mounting (and removing) the mount on/off the tripod easier. There are also large latitude and dovetail clamp adjustment knobs to make the CGX easier to set up with your telescope.
The mount can be controlled with software developed in conjunction with PlaneWave Instruments - called CPWI - and is supplied free with the mount. CPWI uses advance PointXP mount modelling that allows you to add 100+ points to an alignment model for the mount set up, for the most accurate pointing and tracking possible for your Celestron telescope. The software also features an All-Star Polar Alignment routine, motor focus control and plate solving.
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:|
|Focal Length||2032mm (80")|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1||25mm (.98")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||81x|
|Star Diagonal||1.25" Star Diagonal|
|Highest Useful Magnification||480x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||29x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.69 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.57 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||843x|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||64mm (2.5")|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||31%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||9.77%|
|Optical Coatings||StarBright XLT|
|Optical Tube Length||432mm (17")|
|Optical Tube Diameter||238mm (9.37")|
|Optical Tube Weight||12.5 lbs (5.67 kg)|
|Dovetail||CGE Dovetail Bar|
|Mount Type||Computerised Equatorial|
|Instrument load capacity||55 lbs (25 kg)|
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod)||1200.15mm - 1968.5mm (47.25" - 77.5")|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||50.8mm (2") Steel tripod with graduated markings on lower section|
|Latitude adjustment range||3° - 65°|
|Mount Head Weight||44 lbs (20 kg)|
|Tripod Weight||19.2 lbs (8.7 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||2 x 11 lbs|
|Slew Speeds||9 slew speeds - max speed 4°/second|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North & EQ South|
|Dovetail Compatibility||Dual saddle plates (Vixen and CGE saddle)|
|Number of Auxiliary ports||2 Aux ports (Hand Control can use either Aux port)|
|USB Port||Yes, input for Mount and Hand Control|
|Power Requirements||12V DC, 4 amps|
|Motor Drive||DC servo motors|
|Alignment Procedures||2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, Solar System Align, Last Alignment, Quick Align|
|Periodic Error Correction||Yes|
|Computerised Hand Control||2 line x 18 character backlit Liquid Crystal Display, 19 LED backlit buttons, USB 2.0 port for PC connection|
|NexStar+ Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Software||PWI Telescope Control Software, Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App|
|Total Kit Weight||97.7 lbs (44.31 kg)|
|Included Items||CGX Equatorial Head | CGX Tripod | Accessory Tray | 2 x 11 lbs counterweights | NexStar+ Hand Control | 8mm Allen Wrench | 12V DC Power Cable | Hand Control Holster|