Celestron CGX-L Equatorial 925 HD Telescope
- Celestron 9.25" EdgeHD and CGX-L computerised equatorial mount package
- Celestron EdgeHD 9.25” HD aperture telescope
- Celestron’s premium StarBright XLT coatings provide maximum light transmission
- A 9x50 finderscope, 2” mirror diagonal for more comfortable viewing, and 2” 23mm wide angle Luminos eyepiece included
- Exceptional 34kg/75 lb load capacity CGX-L mount.
- Larger 144 mm diameter worm wheels to better and more accurately drive heavier loads
- Longer 270 mm dovetail saddle to better support larger optical tubes
- Massive 70mm/2.75" stainless steel tripod legs with a wider stance for improved stability under heavy loads
- Spring-loaded brass worm wheel and stainless steel worm gear reduce friction and provide optimum gear mesh
- Internal cabling for worry-free remote operation. Power input and lower accessory ports remain stationary while the mount slews to avoid snags
- Includes Celestron's new PWI telescope control software featuring multi-point mount modelling for extremely precise pointing accuracy
The Celestron CGX 925 HD telescope package combines Celestron's state of the art CGX-L computerised equatorial mount with the acclaimed EdgeHD optical system. With the telescope's 9.25 inches of aperture and with the premium StarBright XLT coatings, the CGX 925 HD gives you over 1000 times the light gathering power than the unaided eye. The 9.25" telescope sits nicely in the EdgeHD lineup having more resolution than the 8" model but being lighter than the 11" telescope.
The EdgeHD telescope is an aplanatic, flat field Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope that produces aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma; it also provides an astrograph-quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as "astrographs" actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for some visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with the flat chip sensor of a digital camera. EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today. The superior edge performance of the EdgeHD not only creates rounder, more pleasing stars, but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. With Celestron’s StarBright XLT optical coatings on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum.
Every EdgeHD that ships has been tested not only for the surface quality of each optical component, but also with a camera and artificial star to ensure the imaging system meets our rigid quality assurance. This “final acceptance test” confirms the EdgeHD will perform in the field and deliver high-quality astroimages.
In addition to EdgeHD’s optimised optical design, the telescope tube has been redesigned to make sure you get the most from your optics each and every night and has the following mechanical features.
- Mirror clutches - Flexible tension clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when taking long exposure astro-images. Once focused, the flexible rods allow the mirror to be held in place without putting any force or pressure on the mirror assembly, keeping the image centered in the eyepiece (or on the sensor).
- Tube vents - Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Each vent has an integrated 95-micron micromesh filter guaranteed to let warm air out without letting dust in.
- Fastar versatility - EdgeHD is the most versatile imaging telescope available today. At its native f/10, you can achieve the image scale necessary to capture the smallest of deep sky objects. Add the optional reducer lens—custom-designed for your size EdgeHD tube—and you can increase your field of view without sacrificing optical performance. A Barlow gives you added power for high-resolution planetary, lunar and solar imaging. All EdgeHD optical tubes are Fastar-compatible, allowing the secondary mirror to be removed and replaced with a third party lens accessory for ultra-fast f/2 wide field imaging.
Celestron's original CGX Equatorial mount was designed from the ground up to provide a solid and accurate platform for your telescope for both visual and astro-imaging requirements. The CGX-L computerised equatorial mount is the latest addition to Celestron's fully computerised equatorial mount series and represents a significant upgrade to the original CGX mount.
Capable of carrying Celestron’s largest optical tubes with ease, CGX-L is designed for backyard observatories and remote imagers looking for exceptional load capacity to weight ratio, compact design, and innovative features that fully support large telescopes, imaging kits, and the latest in wireless tech accessories. Celestron had a number of key design goals for the CGX-L which included an increased payload capacity, larger 144 mm diameter worm wheels, which provide smoother operation and can more accurately drive heavier loads, and longer 270 mm dovetail saddle to support larger optical tubes.
The CGX-L still retains remote operation friendly features such as home and limit optical sensors, easier polar alignment adjustments, and better cable management overall. In addition to that, Celestron have made mechanical and ergonomic improvements throughout to make the mount sturdier, easier to use, and easier to transport.
Furthermore, the mount can be controlled with software developed in conjunction with PlaneWave Instruments - called CPWI - and is supplied free with the mount. CPWI uses advance PointXP mount modelling that allows you to add 100+ points to an alignment model for the mount set up, for the most accurate pointing and tracking possible for your Celestron telescope. The software also features an All-Star Polar Alignment routine, motor focus control and plate solving. More details can be found here.
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:|
|Focal Length||2350mm (93")|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1||23mm (.91")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||102x|
|Star Diagonal||2" with 1.25" adaptor|
|Highest Useful Magnification||555x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||34x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.4|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.59 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.49 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||1127x|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||85mm (3.35")|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||36%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||13%|
|Optical Coatings||StarBright XLT|
|Optical Tube Length||559mm (22")|
|Optical Tube Diameter||271.78mm (10.7")|
|Optical Tube Weight||21 lbs (9.53 kg)|
|Dovetail||CGE Dovetail Bar|
|Mount Type||Computerised Equatorial|
|Instrument load capacity||75 lbs (34 kg)|
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod)||908.05mm - 1339.85mm (35.75" - 52.75")|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||69.85mm (2.75") Steel tripod with graduated markings on lower section|
|Latitude adjustment range||3° - 65°|
|Mount Head Weight||52.6 lbs (23.8 kg)|
|Tripod Weight||46.2 lbs (21 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||1 x 22 lbs|
|Slew Speeds||9 slew speeds - max speed 3°/second|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North & EQ South|
|Dovetail Compatibility||Dual saddle plates (Vixen and CGE saddle)|
|Number of Auxiliary ports||4 Aux ports (Hand Control can use any Aux port, 2 are located near the dovetail saddle for optional accessories)|
|Autoguide port||Yes, 2 ports (one is located near the dovetail saddle)|
|USB Port||Yes, input for Mount and Hand Control|
|Power Requirements||12V DC, 3 amps|
|Motor Drive||DC servo motors|
|Alignment Procedures||2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, Solar System Align, Last Alignment, Quick Align|
|Periodic Error Correction||Yes|
|Computerised Hand Control||2 line x 18 character backlit Liquid Crystal Display, 19 LED backlit buttons, USB 2.0 port for PC connection|
|NexStar+ Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Software||PWI Telescope Control Software, Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App|
|Total Kit Weight||141.8 lbs|
|Included Item||CGX-L Equatorial Head | CGX-L Tripod | Accessory Tray | 1 x 22 lbs counterweight | NexStar+ Hand Control | DC Power Cable (item# 18769) | 8mm Allen wrench (contained in rear carry handle)|