Celestron CPC 800 GPS (XLT) Computerised Telescope
- 8" diffraction limited Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- 2000mm focal length (f/10)
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Fully computerised dual fork arm Altazimuth mount
- Ergonomic design for easy lifting and moving the telescope
- Heavy-duty tripod with sturdy 2" steel legs and accessory tray
- Convenient remote hand control holder - Allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope
- 9x50 finderscope, eyepiece and diagonal included
- Can be used with Celestron CPWI software
- Compatible with Celestron StarSense and SkyPortal WiFi module
Celestron's CPC GPS range of telescopes are one of the most popular Celestron have produced...and they are very easy to set up and use with Celestron's SkyAlign. With its on-board GPS to pinpoint your exact location, date and time, the telescope is up and running after locating just three celestial objects.
The CPC 800 8" GPS XLT is the most portable of Celestron's dual fork-mounted range and each telescope includes Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings. This telescope is at home as a superb visual instrument or, with optional Celestron HD Pro Wedge and CCD cameras, as a serious astrophotographer's tool.
If you point this scope to the planets you can see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter; you can see Cassini's Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve surface details on the surface of Mars. Even the distant Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are within your reach. The world of deep sky objects (nebulae, galaxies, star clusters) also awaits you too!
With its conveniently located carrying handles, and an instrument weight of only 19kg/42 lb. (tube and fork mount), this telescope is actually very easy to carry and also portable enough to setup in your backyard or take with you to your favourite dark sky location.
The Celestron CPC series of telescopes offer the following features:
Internal GPS: The CPC Series' internal GPS receiver automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude and latitude.
Celestron's Revolutionary SkyAlign: Once the CPC's internal GPS has established the telescope's position, aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply locate and use hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars — you may even pick the moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar® software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon. Once aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogues in its user-friendly database.
Extensive Celestial Object Database: The CPC database contains over 40,000 celestial objects including Messier objects, the Caldwell Catalogue, as well as NGC Galaxies, nebulae and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside of your local horizon (i.e., if trees or mountains were in the way).
There is an "Identify" feature that tells you what you're looking at, but it can also be a very fun way to tour around the sky. Just point the telescope up somewhere and ask it to identify Messier objects (for instance) and it will show you the 5 nearest Messier objects to your position and let you GOTO them. You can keep doing this for different parts of the sky or for different object types -- it is a lot of fun.
There is also "Solar Sys Align" - this is an ideal alignment method that lets you align the telescope on the Sun (with a safety filter) or Moon for daytime viewing the planets or bright stars during the day.
- StarBright XLT Coatings
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics - Quiet operation; large drive gears, quick release clutch
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Permanent PEC
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider, GPS accessory
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- StarSense Compatible
- WiFi Compatible with SkyPortal WiFi module
- Can be controlled using Celestron's CPWI software
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:|
|Focal Length||2032mm (80")|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1||40mm (1.57")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||51x|
|Finderscope||9x50 Finderscope with quick release bracket|
|Star Diagonal||1.25" Star Diagonal|
|Highest Useful Magnification||480x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||29x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.69 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.57 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||843x|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||64mm (2.5")|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||31%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||9.77%|
|Optical Coatings||Starbright XLT|
|Optical Tube Length||432mm (17")|
|Optical Tube Diameter||238mm (9.37")|
|Optical Tube Weight||42 lbs (19.1 kg) with mount|
|Mount Type||Computerised Altitude-Azimuth Dual Fork Arm|
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod)||1295.4mm - 1422.4mm (51" - 66")|
|Tripod leg diameter||50.8mm (2") Stainless Steel|
|Mount Head Weight||42 lbs (19.1 kg) with optical tube|
|Tripod Weight||19 lbs (8.6 kg)|
|Slew Speed||9 slew speeds - max speed 5°/second|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||Altazimuth, EQ North and EQ South|
|GPS||Internal 16 channel|
|Number of Auxiliary ports||2 Aux ports (Hand Control can use any of the Aux ports)|
|USB Port||Yes, on hand control|
|Power Requirements||12 VDC-1.5A (Tip positive)|
|Motor Drive||DC servo motors|
|Alignment Procedures||Sky Align, Auto Two-Star Align, Two-Star Align, Solar System Align, EQ North Align & EQ South Align|
|Periodic Error Correction||Yes|
|Computerised Hand Control||2 line x 18 character backlit Liquid Crystal Display, 19 LED backlit buttons, USB 2.0 port for PC connection|
|NexStar+ Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Software||Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App|
|Total Telescope Kit Weight||61 lbs (27.6 kg)|
|Included Items||Mount/OTA | Tripod | Accessory Tray | 40mm Eyepiece | 1.25" Star Diagonal | 50mm 9x50 Finderscope with Bracket | Instruction Manual|