Celestron Inspire 70AZ Refractor Telescope
- 70mm refractor telescope with fully coated glass optics and a lightweight frame.
- Easy to set up and use - observe in no time with a quick and easy, no-tool setup.
- Panning handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing.
- Adjustable height tripod includes an accessory tray.
- Comes with two eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), erect image star diagonal, a red LED flashlight, finderscope, and an integrated smartphone adaptor.
The Celeston Inspire 70AZ 70mm refracting telescope is the lightest telescope in the Inspire series and is perfect for terrestrial and celestial viewing on the go telescope for the novice astronomer. With the Inspire 70AZ, you can view the planets, moon, star clusters and brighter deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula and Andromeda Galaxy at night and with the erect image star diagonal makes the optical tube ideal for using as a terrestrial spotting scope during the day.
Inspire features fully coated glass optics, a solid alt-azimuth mount with a unique asymmetrical design, a sturdy steel tripod with integrated fold-up accessory tray, an integrated smartphone adapter, built-in red LED flashlight, large projected reticle finderscope, erect image optics, and a focus micrometer for easily returning to the same focus point.
The Inspire has the easiest setup of any telescope in its class. Simply pop open the tripod legs, turn the lock knob on the accessory tray, and attach the telescope tube to the base using the quick release dovetail mount. You are now ready to observe!
The lens cap has an integrated smartphone adaptor built into it. To use it, simply place your smartphone against the rubberised friction surface on the outside of the cap so your camera is viewing through the imaging port. Secure the smartphone using the two adjustable bungee cords. The inside of the lens cap has a fitting that secures to your eyepiece using two set screws...and voila! You are now ready to take images through the telescope.
The mount has a useful built-in red LED flashlight to illuminate your accessory tray with a soft red glow (to stop spoiling your dark adaption) for finding your eyepieces and other accessories. The flashlight can easily be removed from the mount to provide red light where you need it most. There is a focus micrometer, which is a numbered scale that indicates the focuser’s position. It allows quick return to a specific focus point for specific targets such as a bird nest, infinity focus, etc.
Watch a video on the Inspire series below.
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture: 70mm
- Focal Length: 700mm
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Optical Coating: Fully coated glass optics
- 20mm Kellner (1.25”) / 35x
- 10mm Kellner (1.25”) / 70x
- Star Diagonal: Erect image 90 degree (1.25”)
- Finderscope: StarPointer Pro
- Other Accessories: SkyPortal app
- Resolution: Rayleigh: 1.99 arc seconds / Dawes Limit: 1.66 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power: 100x the unaided eye
- Highest Useful Magnification: 165x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 10x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11.7
- Tripod: Steel, 1.25” diameter, 47” max height