Celestron NexImage 5MP Colour Solar System Imager
- Five Mega pixel (MP) colour sensor with Micron® DigitalClarity® technology for reduced image noise levels
- Comes with a machined aluminium 1.25" adaptor barrel with C-threads for direct threaded connection to almost any telescope
- Includes Celestron's iCap software for control of camera gain, contrast, exposure time, frame rate and colour saturation adjustments as well as image capture using your PC
- Includes RegiStax stacking software that automatically filters the best images, aligns, and stacks your planetary images
With Celestron's NexImage 5 colour camera you can easily capture high resolution colour images of Solar System objects such as the Moon and planets with your telescope.
Insert the camera with its 1.25" nosepiece into your telescope or you can attach it to a barlow lens (e.g. Omni barlow) or some eyepieces allow connection of cameras (e.g. Baader Hyperion with adaptors). Preferably the telescope will have with tracking or GOTO capability to ensure that the object remains centred in the field of view. Move the telescope to point to the Moon or a planet and record a quick video using the image capture software, iCap. Later, load the saved video file into the included Registax image processing software where each frame of the recorded video is analysed and the software discards any fuzzy frames, and perfectly aligns the sharper remaining images. The final result is a bright, clear image with the maximum amount of colour and detail. NexImage 5 is a great way to get started with astroimaging, especially if you live in a light-polluted area. If you can see the planet the sky, you can image it with NexImage 5!
The iCap software was developed by The Imaging Source and has been specifically designed for use with Celestron Skyris astronomical CCD cameras. The software ships with all Celestron Skyris astronomical cameras, powered by The Imaging Source. Using iCap, you can do the following:
Set all camera parameters.
See the live image data stream from the camera.
Snap singular images from the camera and save them as BMP or JPG files.
Capture image sequences and save the single images as enumerated BMP or JPG files.
Capture image sequences and save them as lossless, uncompressed AVI files.
These files can be post-processed in other astronomy applications, such as RegiStax.
Combined with the included software package, NexImage 5 brings out tremendous detail and produces images rivaling those taken with astronomical cameras costing hundreds more.
- 5 Mega pixel colour sensor with Micron® DigitalClarity® technology to dramatically reduce image noise levels
- Small pixel sizes provide sub arc-second planetary detail with most telescopes
- View and capture live video on your computer
- Software automatically filters out video frames most affected by poor atmospheric conditions, leaving only the sharpest, clearest frames to be stacked and aligned into one high-quality image
- Camera control software allows you to manually change the gain, contrast, exposure time, frame rate and colour saturation using your PC
- Selectable “region of interest” sub-framing
- Machined aluminium 1.25" adapter barrel with C-threads for direct threaded connection to almost any telescope
- Can be used with standard 1.25” eyepiece filters
- Integrated IR-cut optical window
- 2x2 and 4x4 binning capability in colour
- Progressive scan
- Includes USB 2.0 cable
|Mounting||1.25" barrel nose piece|
|Chip||1/2.5" format, color CMOS Sensor|
|Camera Resolution||5MP - 9 different settings to choose from ranging from 640x480 to 2592x1944|
|Sensor Size||5.7mm x 4.28mm (7mm diagonal)|
|Pixel Size||2.2 micron square|
|Sensitivity||.53 V/ lux-sec (@550 nm)|
|Operating System Compatibility||Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10|
|USB Connection||High-Speed USB 2.0 cable|
|Frames per Second||6.23 to 52.37 at the lowest resolution, 0.71 to 5.99 at the highest resolution|
|Redundant w/Exposure Range||1/10000 to 30 seconds|