Celestron NexStar+ Hand Control with USB
- Celestron NexStar+ Hand Control for use with Celestron GoTo telescopes
- Two models available: one for all alt azimuth (AZ) NexStar telescopes and another for computerised German EQ mounts
- Now connects to your PC directly with a mini-USB cable (cable not included) for software updates or optional telescope control with third party software
- Flash upgradeable via the Internet; latest updates can be found at Celestron.com
- Built-in 40,000-object database
- Dual line, 16-character LCD screen with adjustable back-lighting.
The Celestron NexStar+ Hand Control is the standard supplied computer accessory on all current alt-azimuth and German equatorial Celestron GOTO telescopes. There are two hand controller models available:
- NexStar+ AZ handset: SLT, LCM, SE, NexStar Evolution, and CPC, and CPC Deluxe computerised telescopes.
- NexStar+ EQ handset: Advanced VX, CGEM, CGEM II, CGX, and CGX-L series telescopes and mounts
NexStar+ includes many many telescope setup routines such as SkyAlign and also feature customisable max slew speed, programmable slew limits, tours, and more relevant to your mount. The hand controllers also include USB Flash Upgradable Technology, allowing the handset's software to be upgraded with Celestron Firmware Manager.
The NexStar+’s huge database of over 40,000 celestial objects can be easily accessed with the push of a button allowing the telescope to slew to objects from a variety of catalogues, including the Messier, NGC, Caldwell, and SAO brightest stars. The planets, as well as a list of the most popular celestial objects are also included. If you are not sure what to look at when you are out under the stars, then use the handy "Tour Mode", and you’ll be shown a selection of the most popular objects for the time and date you are observing!