Celestron Nexstar SE and Evolution Wedge
- Equatorial wedge for Celestron NexStar 6/8SE and Evolution Alt-Az mounted computerised telescopes
- Enables long exposure astrophotography and autoguiding
- Captive hardware, tool-less operation, easily adjusts under load
- All new hefty yet portable design
- Sturdy latitude adjustment screw with easy to read scale and integrated Bubble level
The highly popular NexStar SE and our new NexStar Evolution telescopes are great for astrophotography. However these Alt-Az mounts, when tracking, keeps objects centred, but a long enough exposure will reveal they rotate in the field of view (called field rotation). Adding a wedge allows the mount to track equatorially, thereby this eliminating field rotation. Therefore an equatorial wedge is necessary to take longer exposure images, or to advance further and use an autoguider. This Celestron wedge for the NexStar Evolution and SE 6/8 mounts turns these single fork arm telescopes into really portable astroimaging powerhouses.
This Wedge was re-engineered by Celestron from the ground-up, and was specifically tailored to the NexStar Evolution and SE’s size and styling. Weight is minimal to keep the whole setup light and portable, yet the platform is sturdy to support taking long exposure astrophotos.
Unlock the full imaging potential from your NexStar Evolution or SE 6/8 mount with this new Wedge!
|Load Capacity||16kg / 36 lbs|
|Weight||7kg / 15 lbs|
|Mount Compatibility||NexStar SE 6/8 : NexStar Evolution 6/8/9.25|
|Latitude Range||0° - 70°|
|Included Items||Wedge | 5 hex keys for assembly | Instruction manual|