Keep your telescopes, smartphones, tablets, GPS systems, cameras and other USB-powered devices as active as you are with PowerTank Lithium—the ideal outdoor portable-charging solution for your electronic gear.
The Celestron PowerTank Lithium is a portable power-pack that keeps the charge going for the astronomer on the go. The PowerTank weighs just over 1kg and is only 7.5" long by 3" in diameter. It has a rubberised protective cap that, when removed, reveals two 5VDC USB charging ports and charge indicator lights. It also features a Red and White LED light source, with two brightness settings for each colour. It comes supplied with AC charger unit with various plug adaptors and a velcro strap so the PowerTank can be attached to your telescope mount's tripod.
The Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry of this power supply has significant advantages over other battery types:
- The LiFePO4 has an un-recharged shelf life of 10 years compared to 3 years for the Lithium Iron and 6-9 months for a Sealed Lead-Acid battery.
- The battery performance of the PowerTank Lithium degrades at a much slower pace than other chemistries.
- The LiFePO4 can be charged and discharged 2000 times compared to only 500 for a Lithium Iron battery and 300 for sealed lead-acid designs.
- The batteries will last as long as the telescope you use it with!
- The LiFePO4 uses phosphates instead of environmentally hazardous elements like cobalt or lead commonly found in other rechargeable batteries.
- Can withstand higher temperatures than lithium-iron designs and will not be a fire danger if accidentally punctured.
All the above, combined with it’s rugged design, make it the perfect outdoor power supply.
||16VDC @ 2000mA
|Charge Time (from flat)
|Telescope Power Port
||12VDC @ 3000mA, Tip positive
|Car Battery Adaptor Port
|USB Charging Port 1 Output
||5VDC @ 1000mA
|USB Charging Port 2 Output
||5VDC @ 2100mA
||Red or White with two brightness settings for each colour
|Telescope Power Cord
||6.5 ft (2 m) with connector for Celestron telescopes
||2" wide hook & loop strap for attachment to tripod leg & a 10" hanging strap
||7.5" x 3"
||Battery pack| AC mains charger| Power cord for Celestron telescopes| Strap for attaching to tripod| Strap for hanging
PowerTank Lithium Manual
The Ultimate Guide to Powering Your Telescope