Celestron X-Cel LX Eyepieces
- Celestron X-Cel LX range of eyepieces from 2.3mm to 25mm focal length
- 60° field of view through a six-element fully multi-coated lens system
- Optimised for planetary viewing
- Simple twist up-down rubber eyeguards provide comfort and increase contrast.
- A treaded rubber grip offers a no-slip grip, even with gloves on
- Threaded 1.25” barrel for accepting filters
The Celestron X-Cel LX series of seven eyepieces range from 2.3mm to 25mm focal length and all have a 60º apparent field of view. This makes these eyepieces perfect for observing the Moon, the planets, but they can also be used to observe a plethora of deep-sky objects. The premium six-element optical system is finished with multiple layers of high-transmission coatings for clear, sharp images. The edges of the optics are blackened for increased contrast. All seven X-Cel LX eyepieces have a comfortable 16 mm of eye relief, and all are parfocal, which means you can switch eyepieces within the series with little or no additional focusing beng required.
The X-Cel LX eyepiece bodies are made of black-anodised aluminum. The pop-up eyecups make it easy to adjust the height for different users. Turn them in one direction to extend the length, and the other direction to provide a flat surface, preferable to most eyeglass wearers. A treaded-style rubber grip around the centre of the eyepiece barrel offers secure handling, even in moist conditions or with heavy gloves on. The 1.25” insert barrel is threaded to accept filters.
|Available Focal Lengths||2.3mm, 5mm, 7mm, 9mm, 12mm, 18mm, 25mm|
|Apparent Field of View||60°|
|Eye Relief||16mm (0.63")|
|Optical Coatings||Fully multi-coated|
|Number of Lens Elements||6|
|Barrel Size||32mm (1.25")|
|Threaded For Filters||Yes|